One of the most popular cosmetic treatments at the moment is semi-permanent makeup, also known as permanent makeup and micro-pigmentation. At the London Cosmetic Clinic we offer these treatments using top of the market Cosmedic products.
Semi-permanent makeup involves inserting tiny amounts of pigment into the dermal layer of the skin, much like the process of having a tattoo. As well as being convenient for people who want to look their best every day without having to apply makeup, micro-pigmentation is a solution for those who-
- Have sparse eyebrows from skin conditions or over-plucking.
- Have suffered burns, scars or asymmetry.
- Wear contact lenses.
- Have allergies to traditional makeup.
- Alopecia and chemotherapy sufferers.
- Are physically unable to apply makeup to themselves.
To learn more about micro-pigmentation for areola reconstruction, hyper-pigmentation and scar coverage, please click here.
Before your Micro-Pigmentation Treatment.
As part of your consultation we will explore potential looks with you using conventional makeup, you can try different looks and colours to help determine an effect that you are completely happy with. You will also undergo a sensitivity test in case there is a risk of reaction to the products used. We try to focus on making the most of your natural beauty so encourage natural colours and effects, aiming to improve, enhance and define.
Our highly trained practitioner uses the best quality Cosmedic equipment and medical grade pigments to ensure an excellent result which should exceed your expectations.
What Semi-Permanent Treatments are Available?
Eyebrow enhancements- this is ideal or enhancing the shape, thickness and colour of eyebrows, especially if you have lost a great deal of hairs due to over-plucking, illness or medication or do not have naturally strong eyebrows.
Eyeliner enhancements- this helps to define the eyes, especially the shape of them. It can also help to define the eyelashes and give an illusion of thickness.
Lip enhancements- this can help to add colour to the lips as well as enhancing and defining the shape. It can make lips appear fuller as well as fixing any asymmetry to a degree and makes the lips look more youthful.
Prior to treatment it is important that you:
- Consult your doctor if you are taking any medication.
- Do not take aspirin or anti-flammatory medications (e.g.ibuprofen) for 2 days beforehand.
- Keep alcohol intake to a minimum for 2 days beforehand.
- Avoid using skincare products containing AHAs and professional chemical peels for 4 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid using skincare products containing 1% Retin A for 6 weeks before the treatment.
Other pre-treatment advice:
- In the case of eyebrow and eyeliner enhancement, avoid eyebrow/lash tinting and hair stimulating for at least 4 weeks prior to the procedure, muscle relaxant treatments, IPL laser hair removal and electrolysis treatments for 2 weeks prior to the procedure and waxing and threading at least a week prior to the procedure.
- If you are prone to cold sores and are having semi-permanent lip liner or lip blush we advise that you use anti-herpes medication such as Zovirax five times a day for a week prior and a week after the treatment. It is important to remember that micro-pigmentation does not contain the herpes virus but the procedure can stimulate the dormant virus.
- When having semi-permanent lip blush or liner you should leave at least 2 weeks between any bleaching, waxing, electrolysis, laser or dermal filler treatments and having the micro-pigmentation procedure.
- If you are having semi-permanent eyeliner applied, we recommend that you do not wear contact lenses during or within 24 hours of the treatment. You should remove any artificial eyelashes at least a week beforehand and arrange for somebody to accompany and drive you in case your vision is impaired by mild swelling.
We advise that you wear your normal makeup to your enhancement appointment. Please note, the National Blood Service does not accept donations for up to 4 months after micro-pigmentation.
What to Expect from the Treatment
The micro-pigmentation treatment typically takes between 2-2.5 hours, depending on the area, or 1-1.5 hours for a control or refill procedure. We apply a numbing agent to minimise discomfort although very sensitive clients may still find it painful; the level of discomfort depends on the area being treated, for example, eyebrows are considered to be around 2-3 on a scale of 1-10 whilst lips are considered around 6.
Our treatment costs are typically £295 to £395 but this will be discussed during your consultation.
After the treatment, the colour will appear around 30%-70% darker than the final colour; as the skin heals the pigment will settle and the actual colour will show within around 2 weeks. There may be some soreness and scabbing but this again will subside and it is important that you do not pick or scratch at the area and do not apply makeup directly to the treated area until it has fully healed. Any mild redness or swelling should only last for 48 hours. Make sure that you apply an SPF of at least 30 to avoid the pigment from being damaged or faded from sun exposure.
Around a month after your treatment you will have a follow-up session. This is to further define the detail and colouring and the price of this is included in the initial price. If there is any inconsistent colour, you can have a refill session between 4-12 weeks after the initial procedure.
The final result can last up to 18 months if cared for properly although you can have a colour boost session around 12-15 months after your initial treatment to help it look its best for longer.